The RetroHQ 7800 GameDrive cartridge allows you to play all your Atari 7800 games and homebrew directly from a memory card with many other extras built in!
The 7800GD has all the additional audio chips you'll ever need, including 2 POKEY chips for DUAL POKEY music, a YM2151, COVOX audio for sampled sound and BupChip for blasting sampled music.
The 7800GD also features a unique RGB video and audio out port on the cartridge itself allowing you to play your 7800 (and 2600) games in glorious RGB using a compatible Mega Drive 2 style video cable!*
As if all of this wasn't enough, the 7800GD also allows you to break into your games, save your state, load previous states, enable cheats or just return to the game menu and load another game. And to make all of this even easier, there is also the Mega 7800 which allows you to use Mega Drive and Master System controllers on the 7800 and access game breaking features at the touch of a button!
And for the software developers among us, there is a serial port on the side which allows you to upload and run code directly from your PC. 7800Basic has support for uploading to the 7800GD and will have support for using the Mega 7800 within your own homebrew games!
* Please note: many modern televisions have issues with video signals from old consoles like the 7800, for best compatibility a CRT is recommended or a good quality up-scaler such as the RetroTink5x Pro when used with a modern television. Other upscalers can work, but will be very dependant on your specific television.
- Atari 7800, NTSC and PAL
- FAT16 or FAT32 memory cards
- High Score Cartridge (HSC) Support
- POKEY audio
- YM2151 audio
- COVOX audio
- BupChip audio
- Mega 7800 support
- Serial debug port for developers
- CRT's and good upscalers (RetroTink5x Pro recommended)
- All 7800 retail games and the majority of homebrew
- The majority of 2600 retail games and non-ARM based homebrew